1. Step forward placing the left heel on the ground.
2. Shift forward into a front stance, bringing the right arm up to shoulder height.
3. Turn the left foot 90° in to the right, turning the right arm anti-clockwise through 180° and simultaneously sliding the left palm along the right arm.
4. Step back with the right foot, diagonally and to the right.
5. Sit down in a horse riding stance, drawing the hands in slightly.
6. Push out with the left hand, drawing the right hand up above the head. The movement resembles opening a fan.