1. Shift into a front stance, turning the elbows out until the right palm is directly above and facing the left palm.
2. Twist the waist to the right and then back to the left, stretching the left arm out, palm up, at 45° to the left, while the gaze follows the right hand which reaches out to the right at 45°, palm down.
3. Turn 45° to the left on the left heel, bringing the right wrist across to touch the left, lightly clenching the fists.
4. Sweep the right foot across in front of the left, resting the ball of the foot on the ground.
5. Straighten the back by sinking down in the stance.