1. Shift forward into a front stance, turning the elbows out so that the left palm is directly above and facing the right.
2. Twist the waist to the left and then back to the right, reaching out 45° to the right with the right arm, palm up, while the gaze follows the left hand which reaches out to the left at 45°, palm down.
3. Pivot 45° to the right on the right heel, bringing the left wrist across to touch the right and lightly clenching the fists.
4. Sweep the left foot across in front of the right, resting the ball of the foot on the ground.
5. Straighten the back by sinking down in the stance.